Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Coffee and Youth Ministry

Next Tuesday a passion of mine will come full-circle. My senior year at Whitworth College, I embarked on a position that most young adults in the Seattle area long to be, I was a barrista for Starbucks. Since then I have worked as a senior high youth director at a church in spokane, moved to Moscow, took a position as a property manager, watched my wife earn her undergraduate degree, moved to Boise, took a position as the Youth Pastor in my current church, and now I have returned to starbucks. Some might call it the "circle of life," and I would venture to say those would be the Seattle faithful, sipping their venti triple shot americano's raising them high in the air, saluting my return to the organized crime coffee syndicate.

With the arrival of this change in my life, I have returned to a bi-vocational lifestyle; one which entails:

-Loving God
-Nurturing the lives of students
-Pointing people in the church to the truth of God
-Free Coffee
-Above all, fulfilling the role which God has called me to: The Boise Youth Pastor Barrista

Prayer would be appreciated as Kim and i continue to have our lives shaped in ways that we would not have chosen, but are glad that the Lord's will is not our own. Life will be a constant educatory process, bowing to our knees, acknowledging the sovereignty of God in every are of our lives. May your will be done, not ours Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God has an awesome sense of humor, and a wild imagination. Who can ever guess what the future holds?