Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Lord's Graciousness


The Lord has been very gracious to Kim and I. He has called us to himself through his precious son's blood and reached out to us in relationship. He has let us in to His intimate friendship. He has also provided Kim and I both with wonderful jobs here in Boise where He has led us. If you had told me even a year ago that i would be living in Boise, i wouldn't have believed you. But God, in his divine wisdom, has called and placed Kim and i here in the treasure valley. So far we love the town, we love the sun, and we are growing to love new friends. We miss our friends that we left, but know that we will reunite again.

Kim's studies have come to fruition with her vocation now at Hummel Architecture in the north end of Boise. She began yesterday and i can see the light of her calling ignite her inside and out. I'm so blessed that God has chosen to gift my wife with a love for architecture and a firm to work out the gift. She makes me so proud and i'm excited that God has found it fitting that she might be an architect. She impresses me with her architectural ability. Throughout the application process, Kim and i were tried while seeking a position for her. God stretched us and again taught us patience. There are certain moments in life when we are most palpable and soft-hearted for our Lord. Seeking a calling and job is one of those moments. God taught us yet again to trust in Him, to find our strength in Him and to know that his divine plan is greater than any of our fleeting desires. May we remember this and may it root in the center of our being!

The Lord has also led me to a position as a youth pastor here at Trinity Presbyterian Church. My high school dream and aspiration to be a "youth pastor" has come true! I wonder how many times i might have prayed in senior high that God might lead me to a path that he could shape and wield me as a pastor for his students. Kim and i love the church and we love the congregation. Over the past week we have really begun to cultivate the youth program with our summer events. We will be floating the Boise river this afternoon and building relationships in fellowship with one another. God has put a calling on my life as a leader. May i remember that i can never be the leader he has called me to be without placing all my trust, my faith, my being in Christ's work on the cross. May my imperfection be perfected by Christ's blood.

Prayer would be appreciated for both Kim and i as we cultivate our life and grow our roots deep here in Boise. In the prayer of John Calvin:


"Grant, Almighty God, that as our sins cry continually to heaven, each of us may turn to repentance, and by condemning ourselves of our own accord may anticipate thy judgment, and thus stir up ourselves to repentance, that being received into favour, we may find thee, whom we have provoked to take vengeance, to be indeed our Father: and may we be so preserved by thee in this world, that having at length put off all our vices, we may attain to that perfection of purity, to which thou invitest us: and thus lead us more and more to thyself by thy Spirit, and separate us from the corruptions of this world, that we may glorify thee before men, and be at last made partakers of that celestial glory which has been purchased for us by the blood of thy only begotten Son. Amen."

No comments: